How to find a "written judgment" Civil Court

werner

Apologies if I am not using the correct terminology

CAn a member of the public look up and find a "Civil Court" written judgment to read anywhere?

I note that on the www.courts.ie website you can access a Supreme Court /High Court written judgment but I am unable to find anything on the Civil Court.

Thanks

Do you mean "Circuit Court" ? if so, then no, I don't believe they are published anywhere.

mf

Civil is a type of case.

There are 3 main types of court case - civil, criminal & family law.

There are 4 main jurisdictions - District, Circuit, High/Central Criminal & Supreme which all hear these 3 main types of case (depending on the importance of the issues etc.).

There is no such thing as a "civil court", however, there could be a judgement on a civil case in either the District, Circuit, High or Supreme Court. You need to find out what jurisdiction the case was decided in and then check with the relevant court office.

Thanks for the replies,

Are you saying if I go to the relevant court office quoting the relevant case they would be able to provide a member of the public (Me!) with a copy of the written judgement?

Thanks for the replies,

Are you saying if I go to the relevant court office quoting the relevant case they would be able to provide a member of the public (Me!) with a copy of the written judgement?

As a percentage of the number of cases that go to hearing very very few have written judgments. The vast majority of those would be in the High and Supreme.

Your best bet is to call the Court Office first.

Sometime in complicated matters Circuit Court judges and even District Court Judges issue written judgements. If the case was dealt with in open court ( as opposed to a family law matter held in camera ) then such written judgement should be available on the court file. However they are not, afaik, indexed or flagged elsewhere.