How to find a particular HP printer?

sam h

We have a few different printers in the office & we are sick of having to get different cartridges (we have to order about 6 different ones).

Ideally we would like to get a HP P2015d as we already have one, but it doesn't seems to be a current model. Can anyone advise where we might get one?

Alternatively, we could opt for any HP printer that takes either the HP 53X or the HP 49X cartridge....anyone know a current model that takes either of these cartridges?

Why not build a network and get a single (or two lasers) or put some of the higher spec ink-jets on a print-server?

Lots of the on-line sellers (Argos, Amazon, Viking, HP on-line, etc) will give you a look-up facility to identify suitable cartridges from a particular printer model number, but I don't know of one that does the reverse.

Hi Sam,
You're right, the HP P2015D is end of life.
If you have lots of the HP 53X toners to use up, you would be looking at a printer that takes the same toners obviously.

The HP code for this toner is Q7553, see link below for compatible products:
[broken link removed]

The only printer out of this range I can see still readily available is the HP LaserJet M2727nf Multifunction Printer

The HP code for the 49x toner is Q5949XD
Compatible printers are listed here:
[broken link removed]

However, none of the printers on this list are currently available either. So it looks like you might be stuck.

Thanks for that guys.

Network not on the cards at the moment (not really needed) & central printer not really an option due to confidentiality + office spread over a number of floors & rooms & we don't want people running around to get printouts.

Back to the drawing board!!

Plan was to take the olders ones out & get one that will use the same cartridge.....not that we have loads to use up, but to save the hassle of ordering & storing loads of different ones (& naturally the printer always dies when you've just stocked up!!!)

The only printer out of this range I can see still readily available is the HP LaserJet M2727nf Multifunction Printer

Just noticed this one you mentioned - it's abit over spec for what we need, but he might go for it - thanks