How to delist from nasty email listing

O

onekeano

In the last week or so I've been managing to attract some not so nice emails which I can't seem to get rid of....it's obviously spam but can't seem to get rid of it, any ideas?

Roy

If this is not an mailing list to which you originally subscribed and is simply unsolicited spam then avoid opening the emails (even in a preview window in your email application), replying to them or clicking on unsubscribe buttons/links in the emails. You would be better off trying to block the spam. If you can identify the actual (as opposed to the purported - spammers usually make it look like spam comes from a particular originator/domain even if this is not actually the case) originating address/domain then you could try asking the relevant ISP/domain administrator to deal with the problem (usually the abuse@<isp-or-domain-name> address is used for this purpose).

Hope this helps.

Thanks Clubman, sorry how would i be able to identify the ISP provider?

Roy

sorry how would i be able to identify the ISP provider?

You could look at the raw headers of the message but ideally you should do this without actually opening the message thereby potentially confirming your address back to the spammers (if applicable). For example, in Outlook Express, select the message in the folder contents window, then right click on it and choose Properties and then click the Message Source... button (I'm doing this from memory so you may need to root around to find the actual user interface elements that I'm mentioning) to see the raw text of the message including any mail headers. These should show you the route that the message took to get delivered to you as well as the ostensibly originating domain/individual. Note however that these things can easilt be spoofed so the originating domain/sender may not be the real one! Other email client applications should have some similar way to check the raw text of the message and the message headers.

Does that make some sense to you?

Back