How to decide on RAl colour windows new build

Jolly Man

Hey folks,

I'm wondering how any of ye decided on the color of window you installed in your houses!

I'm getting an aluclad window, am going to varnish the pine finish on the inside but i have no idea what color to make them on the outside any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thinking of painting the house white in the finish and black PVC Soffit and Fasica.

i'm in the same boat as you jollyman, the house will be stonefaced with sandstone(light brown/beige), so do i go for brown pvc windows and soffit/facia, or would cream pvc be nice? and if i went for cream, what colour of soffit/facia would i go for? Tks

Hi Jollyman,

We recently got Alu Clad windows for a new build and like you were wondering what colour to get. Single story house with converted attic, so only downstairs windows, velux upstairs at the back. With the help of the window suppliers, we chose Black Brown Ral 8022, will be painting the outside white 9001 - which is actually stated as cream, but will be fairly white. Delighted with the window colours, they're not Black Black, if you know what I mean. Soffit & Fascia will be black. Hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks for that Moffo, im finding it quiet hard to picture the windows in the house it will have a big effect on the finished house as the windows are a real focal point to the build.

Anybody know of a website that shows windows with various ral colors?

Hi Jolly Man,

We have got aluminium samples from our supplier. I think black is your best choice.

Best of luck.

If that senator website had a few more colour options it would be great! I think its looking like a golden oak at the moment, but im not sure that will fully suit the house

Back