How to connect TV to Laptop

brigadear

Hi folks I am looking to connect my TV to my laptop for watching football only I am unsure as to what cables I should be using. I know that these threads are everywhere but I cant seem to find what I am looking for, there appears to be several different answers every time! and to be honest I am dummy when it comes to this sort of thing. I have a Walker WP3210lcds and it in the back there are HDMI slot and VGA slot and a scart slot, I have a Toshiba laptop with a VGA slot, but no HDMI slot. Any help or info would be appreciated, thanks.

You need to use VGA to VGA. If the TV VGA has holes in the connector then it is female if it has pins it is male. Laptops and TVs usually have female connectors. So if it is female at both ends you need to have a VGA male to male cable. You can get the appropriate cable at PC World, Harvey Norman, Tesco or similar. You will also need to connect the sound using an audio cable. Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3pat7grWyY the VGA option is the second one

Simples!

does the audio cable connect on the laptop where the earphones go ?

Yes ear phone socket on laptop is sound output. It will need to go into sound input on TV or alternatively you could hook up a set of PC speakers if connecting audio to TV is a bother.