how to clear an airlock

seaflower

The cold tap in one of the bathrooms upstairs has been very weak and finally totally stopped few weeks ago. No water comes out of it when turned on (all other cold and hot taps are OK). Was checking one the web and it sounds like an airlock, would like to try and clear it myself before we call a plumber.

Can anybody give me simple "idiot-proof" instructions on how to do it? Thanks!

Thanks Clubman, I always try Google and old posts first;) There are number of tutorials but it seems it depends if it is cold or hot water, and the floor it is on, etc.

Somebody said to turn on the taps, and to put pressure on the cold tap that is not working. To keep putting pressure and releasing... eventually it was supposed to work. Do I turn on all taps (cold and hot) in all bathrooms (upstairs and downstairs)? We had a pump fitted 6 months ago, do I turn on the pump while doing this or keep it off? How long to do it for - 5mins, 20 mins, an hour?

There is a tiny tickle of water when the tap in the next bathroom is on, otherwise nothing.

I told you I need a idiot guide to clearing air locks:eek:

The standard way to do in is here. If you can use the kitchen sink tap in this procedure, its much better, since it has the pressure of the rising main

Back