How to clean cream interior (leather & seat belts) ?

RedTop

I just bought a 4 year old car privately with cream leather interior. The previous owner cleaned the car before the sale but the cream leather and especially the cream seat belts are still a bit on the grubby side. The leather should be easy enough to clean but I am not sure about the seat belts. Anyone have recommendations for the best products to bring them up like new. I cannot really afford a full professional valet service. Willing to apply plenty of elbow grease.

Try a bit of warm water with a small amount of normal washing powder mixed in, applied with a plastic nail brush, preferably not too hard. Don't soak the belts totally and use a sponge dampened with clean, warm water to wipe down the belts afterwards.

The washing powder should take out most stains and the nylon of the belts is tough enough to withstand the brush. Abrasive cleaners and anything containing alcohol or bleach shouldn't be used on seatbelts as these could damage the fabric.

I agree with Paulone for the seatbelts.

For the leather use "Gliptone" liquid leather cleaner and liquid leather conditioner. The stuff is very very good and has a nice new leather smell. It's easy to apply.

Once it's all cleaned and conditioned, redo it every 6 months or so to keep it tip-top. Once it's clean, keep a packet of Turtle Wax leather wipes in the glove box too. They're like nappy wipes and handy for quick cleanups.

Here's the website [broken link removed]

It's probably one of the worst websites I've seen in a long time, but the delivery is quick and the product is excellant value. It's also recommended by Classic & Sports Car Magazine. A bottle of cleaner will clean my leather interior about 4 times over, as will the conditioner.