How to Approach Developer?

lollipop

Wondering if anyone can help. I live in a large estate in west Dublin. At the moment I face a green space with small river running through it. When I bought this house a year ago, this space was marked on the plans as green space and the space beyond it marked for further development.
I've recently found out that the developer plans to build a small estate of detatched houses on this green space. This means I am facing an estate of houses..exactly why I moved from my first house. It has cost me a lot to move and re-mortgage and I thought I was safe enough as the proposed devleopment green area is not very big. I've recently seen the developer up at the green space with people (I assume builders) and the space has been levelled out and drainage pipes put in.
My question is..how do I approach this developer? There is no planning permission in place as yet or even planning notice. I know him to see but am wary of approaching him personally. I would not even object unless I was facing rows of housing but I have no idea what his plans are.
I'd really love some advice on this!!

ps there is another green space within the estate and I assume this covers him for 'green areas required' within a new estate.

We have just had this problem in the estate we live. The developer still has control of the estate and can basically do what he wants. We went thru all the channels of objecting to the local council. All the public representatives said it was a disgrace what the developers planned to do but the county planner let the planning proceed. The decision is with Bord Planala at present.

Once the proposed housing is in line with the development plan for the area you have very little hope I am afraid. Check that density levels in the estate are in line with this development plan and also if the council have designated this area a public open area.

Builders are riding rough-shot over the people of this country and we have no public representatives who are willing to rock the boat. Also the county planner has the final say on what goes on. This is too much power for someone who is not held accountable to the people who pay his wages (us)

With regard your actual question, you could approach him in any manner you like but I would take what he says with a great big dose of salt. We called the builders before we bought to enquire about the open area behind our house. He said he had no plans but 2 months later this all happened

Thanks Punter..if I check with the planning dept of the local council to see if this is designated green space..should it stay this way? I was under the impression that if the developer hadnt handed it over, he can do what he likes with it?
Sorry to hear about your own situation, lets hope that the decision is overturned.

I am a bit confused. THe dveloper has start preliminary work on the site without even applying for planning?

Contact your local council today and get them to stop him if that is the case.

ON the other side of things. Zoned residentional land with the new density has to be used as zoned and planned for. Otherwise we will have even more urban sprawl and even worse infastructure.

Yes apparently that is the norm these days..the developer puts in drainage, levels it etc. and THEN applies for permission. He is probably very confident of getting permission as he hasnt been refused in this area as yet. What constitutes 'preliminary work'? He could always say he's levelled it to re-seed it or something. Nothing concrete (scuse the pun) is visible as yet.
I agree totally about the urban sprawl..traffic in this area is bad enough without yet another new estate.

Back