How stupid can people be ?

dewdrop

A U.K. couple jailed in Dubai for having sex on the beach there. Will be deported but not flogged. What on earth were they thinking of for doing such a thing in that part of the world.

A U.K. couple jailed in Dubai for having sex on the beach there. Will be deported but not flogged. What on earth were they thinking of for doing such a thing in that part of the world.

Is there certain parts of the world that you would condone to being "ok" to have sex in public?

"what on earth were they thinking"
At a guess I would answer - This post will be deleted if not edited immediately I`m a bit randy tonight love, drop the drawers.... however thats only a guess...

Is that not a cocktail?

Sex on the Beach
Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 3/4 oz. peachtree schnapps
- 1/2 oz. creme de cassis
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- orange slice, maraschino cherry

Shake all the ingredients in a shaker with ice and strain into a highball glass. Garnish with lime wedge.

They sold their story to a womens mag, can't recall the name of it - said they were just hugging and kissing!!

Even hugging and kissing in public is illegal in Dubai, apparently.

I think they were making out that they were hard done by, that they weren't having sex and shouldnt be punished for it.

Sounds like they were hammered and up for a one night stand. They had met a few hours earlier, and a taxi driver dropped them off at the beach.

I mean, what do you do at the beach at that time of night ?!

Funnier still is the fact that at 6.31 a.m. you're pondering over this.

Maybe they were hoping they'd be flogged....might be in to that sort of thing...
Many years ago I knew a maschocist and what he really enjoyed first thing in the morning was a freezing cold shower. So instead he used have a warm one

I am sure many a people had a quick fumble on Dollymount beach and nobody has said anything about it.

What is the big deal.

My general approach to this kind of scenario is "when in Rome..."

That applies to what you shouldn't do as well as what you should.

They were naive at best.

As far as I heard they were drinking alcohol in public aswell and when a policeman asked them to cut out the behaviour they started giving him abuse and that's why they got into so much trouble.

The fact i posted this item at 6.31 a.m. seems to have made some people curious. I was on my way to the gymn and worrying about my medical card. Frankly it gave me a laugh in these troubled times. Perhaps this reaction indicates another strange feature in my makeup. Joking

I totally agree with "when in Rome"

What a pity that is not applied in this country.

I read about this a while ago - but they were actually warned the first time and the officer told them to move on, when he returned later they were still at it - now THAT is stupid!

sounds like they were Ibiza-heads that went to an upmarket location but didn't upgrade their attitudes.
As another poster said 'when in Rome', Dubai is a fairly liberal state in comparison to most arabic countries, but you still have to be aware of local sensibilities.