How Soon Need A Sale Price Be Registered ?

trajan

If I sell a house by auction today, how soon must that sale price be registered with the Property Price Register ?
Can a house that's sold at auction be thrown up by its buyer on foot of a very negative surveyor's report ?

If I sell a house by auction today, how soon must that sale price be registered with the Property Price Register ?
Can a house that's sold at auction be thrown up by its buyer on foot of a very negative surveyor's report ?

Its not the buyer that registers it. Its the solicitor if i recall correctly. And it wouldn't be anywhere near next day on that basis.

Mind you, a lot of the houses listed here

[broken link removed]

are fairly recent, looking at the sale date.
The thing is, does date of sale mean the date of the auction or the signing of contracts ?

how soon must that sale price be registered with the Property Price Register ?

It's registered on the back of the stamp duty being paid. Which could take a while, but within a few days of the sale closing.

Generally speaking, property auctions are legally binding. You could sue buyer to complete.

Having said that, I have seen property sold at auction reappear for sale.

This one is said to HAVE been sold - got the price via auctioneer boast. But all doesn't seem final yet.
A lot of internal work to be done, some structural like chimney and roof plus usual rewiring and plumbing.
Would not be surprised if it's thrown up: margin too small at €30k for outlay of €130k.

Back