how quick to pass driving test?

narky

just wondering is it possible to pass a driving test in 4 months having not driven before? i'm just a starting off learner and need to do the test in a short enough time frame!!! yikes. would love some success stories

The best time to take your test is as soon as you can...when everything is fresh in your mind and before you pick up any bad habbits!. Test can be tricky..they don't like it if you appear over confident... or too nervous. They will allow for nerves it's natural to be nervous.. Just not to the point where you're a danger to yourself or others.
Get as many professional lessons as you can before hand and study the rules of the road backwards. One of the Mams at my son's school passed first time round..after 6mths of driving..so there's no reason why you cant also.
Good luck with it.

It is not possible to pass your test after 4 months as you have to have provisional for at least 6 months before you can take the test.

Why would you assume that?
Because the OP is planning to take a test in four months... And surely has done some basic research regarding the conditions of their provisional driving permit.
That is assuming they hold a PDP...
Please don't ask why I assume they hold a PDP.. I don't really care enough.

i already have a provisional licence but haven't had the courage to go motoring!!!

i already have a provisional licence but haven't had the courage to go motoring!!!

Go for it.. you'll be fine.. think of all the millions of people that drive everyday..
If they can do it..So can you!
Get professional lessons ASAP and Good luck!!

Yes, it is certainly doable. However, it depends on your basic aptitude for driving (some people are just innately quicker to pick up driving skills) and amount of time you devote to practice. Get professional driving lessons (reputable driving school and from an instructor you have confidence in) and back them up with practice.

If you are starting from scratch and given timeframe you have you should aim to get 20 - 30 hours of lessons over the next 4 months and roughly 100 hours private driving. That should be adequate for most people to pass a driving test.

As for myself, I passed 4 months from first starting to drive, that was with a lot of lessons to start, my own car and lots of driving.

just wondering is it possible to pass a driving test in 4 months having not driven before? i'm just a starting off learner and need to do the test in a short enough time frame!!! yikes. would love some success stories

I passed mine in 2 months. I had the 1st provisional which i didnt get around to learning to drive on. Then on my 2nd - I got lessons (5), applied for the test straight away (emergency) and passed a month later. Was shocked it happened so fast! But it is possible.

As was said earlier - better to do the test when the "correct" way to drive is still imprinted in your brain and you havent picked up bad habits!