How much will my insurance go up by??

C

coom2002

Need a little bit of advice if anybody has any please? :)

I have only been driving for about 3 months, as i passed in November 08, but in December 08, the front of my car hit another car as i was reversing in a carpark. The damage to their car wasnt too bad, just a bit of damage to the paint work really. However, my car wasnt damaged at all.

If i were to pay for the repairs to the other car myself, it would cost me about £700. But by how much would my insurance increase by if i were to claim instead of settling it privately? Would it be worth me claiming? As i have currently been driving for 3 months, so havent got any years "no claims bonus" anyway, therefore wont lose any if i claim.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

Welcome to AAM, coom2002, and sorry to hear about your 'fender bender'. Bear in mind that this is an Irish site and as such the answers you get here may not be 100% applicable to a UK insurer (although in principle there shouldn't be any huge difference in a case like this).

Best thing might be to ask your insurer, since you must inform them of the accident anyway, whether or not you intend to claim.

Best bet is to leave the company handle it. If you pay this money over to the 3rd party, they can still put in a personal injury claim up to 3 years later (anything they sign to say they won't isn't worth the paper its written on). When you get your renewal notice most companies will give the option of paying them back the claim outlay money & reinstating your NCB, so you can decide whats best for you at that stage rather than running the risk of paying out £700 & losing your bonus.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Back