AIB "How much will I get?"

Yes I agree but I exited the fixed rate in late 2009 so is closer to 5.6% in my case or almost 5k more than using the 4% guide

Hypothetically, *if* we are offered a tracker, what *might* the applicable rate be?

@Shay75 - In the Ombudsman's decision, the plaintiff was not awarded a Tracker- so based on the bank's behavior to date, there is absolute 0% chance they will offer people trackers on the back of this decision as this would be going further than they are legally required to do.

When the initial letter and cheque was sent out in 2018, the bank offered the cohort a tracker at the same time - but this was at a less attractive rate than the SVR so not many bothered from what i can tell anecdotally.

@robertpender what happens If the ombudsman does give back the tracker rate down the road. AIB would want to be sure, I believe there are a number of cases with the ombudsmans office on this. AIB probably waiting to see what happens here. Each case judged on own merit.. So we might be waiting much longer than July/Aug for the redress.

@robertpender what happens If the ombudsman does give back the tracker rate down the road. AIB would want to be sure, I believe there are a number of cases with the ombudsmans office on this. AIB probably waiting to see what happens here. Each case judged on own merit.. So we might be waiting much longer than July/Aug for the redress.

I believe we are all in the same cohort, we have clause 3.2
The below is from AIB themselves, see https://aib.ie/review-of-tracker-mortgages

In early February we announced that we had made an additional provision, primarily in relation to an FSPO decision on an individual case relating to a tracker complaint which was then at a preliminary stage. This case is now concluded with the FSPO. While this case involved a number of complex issues the Bank has decided to accept the finding in full, and to apply the finding to other customers within the same cohort. Customers do not need to take any action and will receive a letter and their payments in July and August.

If the ombudsman does give back the tracker rate down the road. AIB would want to be sure, I believe there are a number of cases with the ombudsmans office on this. AIB probably waiting to see what happens here. Each case judged on own merit..

I think it is extremely unlikely that the Ombudsman will direct AIB to give the tracker to anyone with Clause 3.2.

All these cases have been put on hold at the request of AIB pending the payment in July and August.

While each case is judged on its merits, the Ombudsman looked at all aspects of this and made his decision on what the appropriate redress should be. The Ombudsman likes to be consistent. I think you would have to have special circumstances to get a tracker e.g. if you had an email from AIB at the time telling you would get a tracker when the fixed rate ended.

By all means submit a complaint and argue your case that you should also get a tracker. I was unable to convince the Ombudsman to give Karen a tracker at 1.5% but, I would be delighted if you succeeded where I failed.

Brendan

Folks

This thread is for people whom AIB have agreed as impacted.

It is not for you to discuss staff issues which are discussed exhaustively in the other threads.

I have deleted all the misleading (margin of 4% ???) and off topic posts.

Brendan

Back