How much to withdraw with an AIB Laser abroad?

• Thread starter talkingclock
  • Start date
T

talkingclock

Hi

I'm in Germany at the moment and have a question. I hope this is the right forum...

I've tried to get €400 from a German ATM but it told my that I've reached my daily limit (or sth similar) but I could get then €100 when I tried the 2nd time! But not a 3rd time - same message.

I'm now in an Internet Cafe and checked my account online. There is enough money in the account to cover those €400 and the €100 is not listed at all (i know from the past that it can take a few days to be visible on the statement).

So the question is: How much can I withdraw with an AIB Laser (maestro) in one go and per day?

Was it maybe a faulty ATM?

Not 100% sure of AIB but my limit is 700 euro a day with PTSB. You should check and see what your limit is. I know with my english cards you can't take out more than £300 from an atm in one day and you cannot change this amount either. It's the law done to try and prevent fraud i think.

I dont think anything like this has come up in Ireland yet, haven't actually had 700 euro to take out in one go for a good few months now so things might have changed.

Had a similar issue in the past with my NIB Laser/Maestro. I called them and they were able to increase withdrawal limit immediately.