How much to replace a bumper on Fiat Punto?

drunat

Hi. Need to replace a bumper after someone hit my car. Going to do a cash deal so was looking for a cheap deal. The car is 00 so don't want to invest too much. Got a quote from one garage/scrape place for 110 eur (part and labour) - is it too cheap or is it a normal price? Got another quote which was WAY higher than that! Never used this garage before so not sure if I can trust. Don't want to end up with half of my car parts replaced Any experience anyone?

just too add - the bumper will be fit from a scrapped car, not a new part. ok with me

The back bumber is attached with the allen headed bolts you can see when you lift the hatchback and then there are a couple of bolts up underneath the wheelarches either side. It's a straightforwards job and would take about half an hour to fit. Only problem I could see would be if this garage is spraying the replacement bumber to match the colour of your car if it isn't the same already.

I would say that the first quote you got sounds ok if they are supplying the bumper too.

thanks Dirac - the price they quoted includes painting the bumper. I guess what I am worried about is that the car part can be swapped out while it's there - leaving it there for the day for paint to dry. i have the car from new and it has low mileage so even though it's old I still care about it. any tips on how to prevent this from happening or am i completely over the top and noone does this kind of thing these days?

IF you look under the bonnet there is a sticker on the inside of the bonnet or bulkhead that says the paint code. If you give them the paint code could they spray it in advance of fitting it? To be honest €110 supplied fitted and sprayed is cheap, and I would be thinking that the paint job might not be great for that kind of money. I have an 03 punto which we have had from new and had a dint taken out the door and sprayed and it was €140 by the dentman.ie.
Take it to a couple of body shops and get some quotes. There are loads of second hand punto bumpers on ebay too. Might get a colour match there and get it Parcel Forced over.

€110 for a second hand bumper, sprayed and fitted is VERY VERY cheap.

if your stuck i have contacts in the trade still and can get you a brand new bumper for about €70+vat think it will need too be sprayed might be better than second hand parts, pm me if you want too go down that road

Prepping and painting a bare bumper is likely to cost €150 - €250, plus say €50/€75 for fitting.

€110 for second-hand painted and fitted is very, very cheap.