how much to pay neighbour to cut grass ?

sootie

HI everyone !

I own a house in the midlands and have recently moved to Dublin for work. Its rented to two young girls and I was thinking of asking the neighbour to cut the grass for me ( to keep the place from looking too rented ! ) I want to ensure he does this so I want to pay him......but how much do you think I should pay him for cutting the grass once every 2 / 3 weeks for the summer months ?

20 euro for a few pints each time once its your average semi. if its a hugh garden then you would need to ask neighbour what he would be happy with.

mmmmm.....yeah the garden is small. was kinda hopint to pay him at the start / end of the summer and be done with it. if i had to go down to pay him evey time, i might as well cut it myself ! but then, how can i make sure he does it if i pay straight up

I am considering buying a robotic lawnmower for an investment property I am buying.Its about 50 miles from my residence.I think they are around 750 euro.They need to be charged.Perhaps the tenants could do that for you.Check the thread under robotic lawnmowers for more info.Do not know if they are any good but it would give the tenants an interest in maintaining the lawn without any effort required[fingers crossed]You could also use it yourself and on visits to your investment property could use it there too.They even work at night.

Exactly. My mother's house has a huge meandering garden down there and she gives the young lad next door €20.00 whenever she needs it cut, plus the price of the petrol. Even posting a cheque when you want it done, doesn't insure that just cos you paid over the money it will be done. Is there no one you know around there at all that you can send a quick text to and say "listen, when you get a min can you take a cruise past my house and see is the grass short or long" ?

hiya,

Why dont you just buy the girls a cheap and cheerful electric mower. If its not alot of grass.

My ex landlord bought us a petrol one for a ting amount of grass. I bought one of those flymo ones last week for €150.

Its easy to use. Im a young girl and I cut the grass. 15min job max!

Blue

cool, but I have one and they wont cut it ! more like they couldnt be bothered than anything....hey if you need somewhere to live you can always rent my house, you sound like the perfect tennent !!

tell them you'll reduce their monthly rent by €25 if they cut the grass, they'll be saving money all round by also not having to join the gym.

ahh scootie the lazy pair of so and so's!! unfortunately i cant be your tennent as bought house, thats why moved outta rented one.

We were perfect tennents. I even planted flowers for him and everything. Was actually in the house the other day collecting post. OMG he totally shredded it looks amazing. god im rambling..

cool, but I have one and they wont cut it ! more like they couldnt be bothered than anything....hey if you need somewhere to live you can always rent my house, you sound like the perfect tennent !!

Perfect [broken link removed] or perfect