How much to landscape small garden?

M

missy06

hi there.

Would anyone have a ruff idea of how much it would cost to fully lanscape a small back garden of a 3bed semi? I'm a total novice when it comes to patio's flowers etc but would love a garden. I dont wanna get ripped of either. I got a leaflet in my door the other day saying gardens lanscaped for 300 euro? surely that is very little? i thought it would be a couple of thousand? Or does it depend what kind of stuff you get?

Anyone seen that programme on rte i want a garden? the 2nd show well my garden is about that size.

thanks a bunch
missy06

Re: how much to lanscape small garden?

That question is like asking how long is a piece of string. For 300 you might get the ground levelled and a bit of seed thrown on the garden.

well i would want a patio some nice slabs lots of flowers a small shed with stepping stones to it if this helps

What part of the country are you in?

Im in Co Offaly. Yes the middle of no where!!! :)

missy06, I'm thinking of sorting out mine too, but won't pay a landscaper to "design" what's so readily available in magazines or on the internet. If you liked what you saw on a tv programme, why not try to sketch it out, then scan a few magazines, adding features you like, then take it down to a garden centre and ask for advice on what plants to put etc.
If you didn't want to do the actual work yourself you could ask a gardener/builder to do it for less than a designer would demand. This is all theory as I haven't done this yet, but I am browsing and [broken link removed]
Oh, and the advice from my mother: watch where the sun rises and sets in summer/winter, watch where the neighbours' cats come to bask in the sun, build up your garden little by little rather than trying to do it all at once.....

Re: How much to lanscape small garden?

hi,

some great websites there tanx. yeah i think your right about building it up bit by bit. ive been out today painting the fences either side (thankfully it didnt rain) all the neighbours had to know what i was up to of course!!! then i cut the grass and im getting my brother to make me a side gate for the side of the house to keep ot cats/dogs etc.

Theres so much that could be done with a small garden its unreal, im going to a few garden centres to morrow, will also pick up soome magazines see what i can see.

thanks again

p.s what are you thing of putting in your garden?

Back