how much to hang internal doors?

polo1

Having read posts here it looks like I am being quoted too much for hanging internal doors? They are solid oak and the hinges / handles and locks etc have to be put on them. Is €180 too much for ea door? I am in South Dublin and have 16 doors to hang so becoming an expensive exercise. Thanks

it's all up to the person or co to charge what they deem they have to charge appropriate I guess but 180 is alot for most people who don't need to be taken advantage of in 1 way or another

I've been thinking of changing two sets of double doors in my house and was quoted €500 - €600 from a couple of door stores. I thought that was crazy expensive. A neighbour of mine is a carpenter and said he could get someone to do it for €200 (both double doors). Have you tried putting an add up in your local supermarket? I'm sure you could get someone to do it for less than €180 a door.

There are a few previous threads on this that mention prices, try the search facility.
Leo

I , only 2 weeks ago, got 18 oak doors hung and furnished , including architrave for €1,550. But it was for a new build in Wexford. I,ve to get 2 hung and furnished in Dublin and It will prob cost €100 per door, thats a guide price i got from a chippy up here. You seem to be paying for living in South Dublin, thats a horrendous quotation ! Did that quotation include door frames too ?

Secman

that quote for 180 would be generally for frames ,door , ark ,locks and handles ,it does seem a bit much alright , if their just being hanged on to existing frames it more like 80-100 a door .