How much to get a judgment mortgage removed?

Bobby Peru 2020

After a few tough years I've finally paid off in full my credit card debt and fees attached and now I'm just left with the cost to remove a judgment mortgage against my house. I'm being quoted €370 to do this by the solicitor firm who were looking after the debt. Is this a fair price or should I go elsewhere to get this done?

thanks

I was recently charged €100 to photocopy, stamp and certify a document of 12 pages.

If you can get it done for €370, I would jump at it!

I suspect you mean €3700?

It doesn't sound too much off the mark to me.

nope €369 to be exact. I wonder is there some online solicitors with online prices or is it just a cartel?

you live 'n' learn but the additional costs on debt are heartbreaking...

After a few tough years I've finally paid off in full my credit card debt and fees attached and now I'm just left with the cost to remove a judgment mortgage against my house. I'm being quoted €370 to do this by the solicitor firm who were looking after the debt. Is this a fair price or should I go elsewhere to get this done?

thanks
Do you mean the solicitors who were acting for the lender? If you've paid off the debt, I would have thought they'd do that automatically. Or alternatively go to your own solicitor who should be able to deal with the PRAI process.

you or I would probably have removed it automatically, they don't miss an opportunity to get a little more out of you

Back