How much to clear a €300k mortgage?

Hillsalt

How much would it cost to clear a €300k mortgage?

I am considering selling an investment property (which is 100% paid off) at an achievable price.

I hope to pay off the mortgage on my own home with most of the the proceeds. There is slightly under €300,000 remaining on the mortgage with 19 years remaining.

What is involved in this transaction? Is there a cost or settlement applicable ? If so, is it negotiable?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The 'cost' will be the outstanding balance and interest accrued on same but not yet posted to the the account... unlikely to be any negotiation re same.

The only other potential cost will occur if you have a fixed rate mortgage and you wish to pay off same early - this may lead to a penalty.

Apart from that there should be no other cost...

pjmn

You need the redemption figures for the mortgage. You can just ring up your bank for this, get it in writing because they banks can make mistakes on this, but phone mortgages for an idea now so you have a figure. There is or was a cost to getting the mortgage off the deeds, about 100 Euro.

As previously stated if you have a fixed rate mortgage you may have to pay a penalty.

On the sale of the investment property there will be CGT and solicitors fees.