How much is your ink cartridge

Pickle

Just wondering how much people are paying for the ink cartridge for their printer's,
Might upgrade my very old printer as the ink cost's about 40E a pop.So what are you paying and what make is it you have.

You can get spurious ones for much cheaper. There was also some cartridge lace advertising on the radio this week about cartridges from €5 but can't remember the name.

Look around online for places - I previously got ones from ebay, think I paid around €25 - that could have been for a colour with a free black one or I may have paid extra for the black one.

unless you really need colour, get a cheap laser - much cheaper to run
inkjets are a scam when it comes to ink prices and how the printer interprets 'empty'

I get 12 for €16 on e-bay. It a brother dcp 350c printer with four separate colours. They work perfectly.

If you do much printing then get a B&W laser.

Personally I find I hardly print anything these days.

I'm curious. What do ye print on your expensive inkjets?

I've noticed that the ink cartridges for many of the older models of printers such as Epson, HP, Lexmark are extremely expensive.

Perhaps this is a ploy by the manufacturers to get people to buy into the newer models. The original cartridges for many of the newer models are a lot cheaper - however I would still look for the cheaper compatibles online.

Printers are not expensive, it's the inks that cost the money.

Printers are not expensive, it's the inks that cost the money.

Henry Ford started it all by realising it was more profitable, long term, to sell cars cheaply and make money on the spares. :)

I have a HP Laserjet 3050 and I get the cartridges refilled at a local company. Costs €50 per cartridge.

It really depends on if the print head is attached to the cartridge or not. You can tell as your cartridge will have what looks like a little circuit board on it.
I have a Cannon i550 which is about 7 years old, never had a problem. Catridges cost me about €6 from Cartridge World. The cartridges in it are just ink resevoirs rather than having the print head circuit attached which is what you really pay the extra for. Also has 3 seperate colour cartridges (cyan, magenta, cant remember the other) whereas a lot of machines have 1 multipurpose colour catridge.

Buyer Beware.....I got 4 black replacement cartridges for my Epson for €20
roughly half price but the printer refuses to recognise them and it seems a code is built into the printer to reject non Epson Cartridges. :mad:

Back