How much - garage conversion

Just the One

Standard 4 bed semi-d house with garage. Roughly speaking, how much would it cost to convert into room.

Remove garage door, build up wall, fit pvc window, stud walls.

is is likely to cost 5, 10, 15k????

Allow €5,000

Take out the garage door and anything else in the garage and dispose of it yourself €350 for skip

Order blocks, sand/cement (premixed bags handy for small jobs), timber, insulation, plasterboard, nails, plastic for damp proofing, window cill, window board, max €800

Window €500

Blockwork pay day rate €250 euro if you can find someone, very easy job if you leave the window the width of the door.

Plastering in and out anything up to €600

Electrician €400

Handyman/carpenter for dry lining walls and ceiling €800

New floor in extension (may need to be raised) ????

Allow €5,000

Take out the garage door and anything else in the garage and dispose of it yourself €350 for skip

Order blocks, sand/cement (premixed bags handy for small jobs), timber, insulation, plasterboard, nails, plastic for damp proofing, window cill, window board, max €800

Window €500

Blockwork pay day rate €250 euro if you can find someone, very easy job if you leave the window the width of the door.

Plastering in and out anything up to €600

Electrician €400

Handyman/carpenter for dry lining walls and ceiling €800

New floor in extension (may need to be raised) ????

ok thanks for that... a lot of work I will do myself... power already there.. door already there... will stud walls and rasie floors and lay floors myself.

Really just looking at getting someone to take out garage door, build up wall, fit window and then plaster when all ready.

If the garage is attached you may need planning, see [broken link removed]. A quick phone call to your local planning authority should clarify.
Leo

Back