How much for installation of wooden floors?

maevis1

Hi All.

Thinking of getting wooden floors laid at home. Probably laminate (quickstep). Just curious as to how much such a job would cost. Approx floor area 45sqm. I will purchase all materials simply looking for someone to lay the floor.

Regards,

maevis1 said:
Hi All.

Thinking of getting wooden floors laid at home. Probably laminate (quickstep). Just curious as to how much such a job would cost. Approx floor area 45sqm. I will purchase all materials simply looking for someone to lay the floor.

Regards,
Hi there,
Our quote for semi solids was 15 euro a square yard. The floor will be laid next week. I think laminate should be slightly cheaper as they are easy to put down.

Hi Lab-rat,

The quote I got is €600 includes removal of existing skirting & attaching of new skirting plus the laying of the floor itself.

maevis1 said:
Hi Lab-rat,

The quote I got is €600 includes removal of existing skirting & attaching of new skirting plus the laying of the floor itself.

Hi ,
For 38 yards of skirting we are been charged 220 euros for the materials and fitting of the skirting. We are going to remove our old skirtings as it is easily done, so that may have saved us some money?!
Was your fitter recommended to you? For example, It is important the they shave up the kick boards and lay the floor under the kitchen units. I would have a chat with him about how he is going to do the job. Personally I do not mind paying a little more if the job is done to a high standard. Get it right the first time!

Hi Lab-rat,

The guy in question was recomended by a friend. They have done a lot of work on the southside. I am getting both the living room and hall done. Job will consist of removal of original skirting, laying of floor including trims and beading as necessary, and laying of new skirting. I have been impressed with what I have seen so far. Will let you know how it turns out.

Regards,

Back