How Much for Central Heating & to Re-Wire..?

_Paul_

I realise it's impossible to give any sort of accurate figure, though would anyone be able to give a vague guide price as to what it might cost to re-wire a three bedroom bungalow? Also to install oil-fired central heating and radiators?

If it makes any difference it's Co. Mayo, so not Dublin prices...

Thank you.! :)

I got my 2 up 2 down re-wired and gas central heating installed 2 years ago in Dublin.

Re-wire came to about €2,500, but I got quotes of €5,000 and above. Had to take my time and shop around.

Gas Central heating was €5,500 (in or around). Quotes didn't vary as much on that.... Don't know if the need for an oil tank will add much to the cost.

That came to 8k all in for me.

is it more costly to wire a bungalow in terms of amount of cable / time used or does it vary much ?
we are in process of potentially re-wiring our old house and have been trying to get names and good word of mouth references of sparks but it is not easy !
are there any websites with lists for electricians ?

This was on a previous thread. I have not used it - so cannot give a recommendation.

tradesmenireland.com
homewise.ie

Delbhoy,

would it be possible for you to PM me the name of the electrician or places that you used for us. We have just gone sale agreed on a house and the surveyor came back yesterday to say that the electrics really needed attention. the storage heating there needed to be converted but we were aware of and accepted that. Also have a flat roof to convert and a chimney to reconstruct. I fear that figures are escalating and its moving out of reach!

Jo90 said:
is it more costly to wire a bungalow in terms of amount of cable / time used or does it vary much ?
we are in process of potentially re-wiring our old house and have been trying to get names and good word of mouth references of sparks but it is not easy !
are there any websites with lists for electricians ?

actually it vis versa.....bungalows are alot easier as the cables are dropped down on the same level.you only have 1 floor to do ina bungalow

_Paul_ said:
Is that 6K for the central heating alone..?

paul i reckon you can get both done for that.make phonecalls in your area.if you can't get it done for 6k then ask the plumber or spark if you were to do the donkey work how much cheaper would it be?

Back