how much for an electrician?

house_hunter

Hi all,

I am currently renovating my kitchen and have been quoted 430 euros by the electrician recommended by Cash & Carry Kitchens for putting in 5 sockets in my kitchen. I have 2 existing sockets both below & above the work top but he says that they will have to be moved. Is this quote OK or is priced too high? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

I have just installed a new kitchen and I found of all the tradespeople I had to employ the electrician was the most expensive. He had to move two sockets, install one, put on new covers on an existing socket and an existing light switch, erect two new ceiling fittings, install a lighted shelf and put a socket and a light in my shed. This might seem a lot but it was about eight hours work. He charged me E1055, not including the purchase of the light fittings / lighted shelf. Your quote might be a little high but I hope you have better luck than me negotiating a deal, as my guy was 'not for moving'. At the same time I can sleep at night knowing the wiring is done correctly!

Both your quotes seem really high to me. Ophelia, you paid him €131 per hour...nice work if you can get it. Putting in sockets etc is not that difficult. Contact RECI (www.reci.ie) to get a price guide for electricians.

Back