How much for a taxi from Dublin airport to Marlay Park?

Re: How much for a taxi from Dublin airport to Marley Park?

What happens when a taxi driver takes the long route? I lived in Glasnevin and got a taxi from Saint Stephens Green 7.30pm on a Thursday a year ago.

The fair normaly cost 10-17E(I wasnt in the habit of using taxi's).

This guy(taxi driver) asked me what route I wanted to go and I said he would be more qualified than me to answer that question. So his answer to that was "I know a way to avoid all the traffic" my reply was "fine, as long as its the quickest and cheapests way"

He then procced to take a route no other taxi driver has ever used before to get to Glasnevin(at least not while I was in the car), down to the dockland all around the place. I started to get a little angry with him and told him it seemed like he was trying to con me. At this point the fair was 15E and I was further away from my destination than when I started(with my heavley pregnant wife at home waiting on me). We got to Glasnevin and he said that will be 39E(on the meter). Well I am a pretty reserved person, but that was a complete con. I said I would give him the fair I always paid at that time and offered 17E, he then proceed to get out of his car and threaten me. I`m not very easly intimaded and stood firm, I told him I wanted a him and I to go to the GArda station and I would pay him there.

He got extremely angry and threaten to kick the S*** out of me, so I told him he could do that down at the Garda Station too if he so wished.

My heavely prenant wife came to the door and I had to recline from my firm stance and paid him 35E in order not to stress out my already very concerned wife.

Never again will I use a taxi in Dublin, I used to think there was just a few dishonest taxi drivers out of the thousands. Its not the case there is just a few honest taxi drive out of the thousands.

I have heard so many complaints from friends colleague and passers by, use public transport or walk where at all posable and put at least some of these guys out of bussiness

This thread has gone way off the topic. However in response to the previous post by Jaid79 I hope you took the guy's plate number and subsequently talked to the Carriage Office.

This thread has gone way off the topic. However in response to the previous post by Jaid79 I hope you took the guy's plate number and subsequently talked to the Carriage Office.

I did, but between my wife giving birth to our son and moving home the number has been lost.

Sorry about distracting from the OP, I feel that people should when ever posiable avoid taxi's, thus avoiding some of the thugs that drive them.