How much for a taxi from Dublin airport to Marlay Park?

Re: How much for a taxi from Dublin airport to Marley Park?

50/60e would be a good guess i'd say - but man, you could be sitting in that car for a loooong time.

50/60e would be a good guess i'd say - but man, you could be sitting in that car for a loooong time.

It'll be at least €60, possibly more given the time you're travelling at.

you could get the 16a bus directly from the airport to rathfarnham
[broken link removed]
then hop onto a 16 which would leave you right outside the park (or walk - about a 20 minute walk, not much fun if you've got bags though) could take a while on a friday evening though.

Maybe somone might pick you up?
I take great pleasure in denying taxi drivers their exorbitant fares and regularly drop out/pick up friends and family.

My thoughts are the same. You will be stuck in traffic at 4 pm from the airport. If I really needed a taxi I'd get one after getting off the bus at a taxi rank in Terenure and I've noticed taxi drivers arent exactly helpful with your luggage normally anyway.

Maybe somone might pick you up?
I take great pleasure in denying taxi drivers their exorbitant fares and regularly drop out/pick up friends and family.

Well now the driver is obliged to put on the meter. Every passenger is entitled to a metered fare and a receipt at the end of the journey. If anyone is charged what they consider an exhorbitant fare they have recourse to report the driver to the taxi regulator. So if you are getting a taxi make sure the meter is on and you get your receipt.

The new fare system that is in operation has been set by the taxi regulator so there should be no cause for complaint to the driver about the fare once he or she has the meter on.

In fairness taxi drivers are out there to make a living too and those that do or have been overcharging in the past have just given taxi drivers in general a bad name. So the way the system is in operation now there is no need for any overcharging

I personally wouldn't go near a 16a - as it takes for ever to get to the southside.
I would get one of the direct busses into twon - 747 I think and from there get a taxi.

These busses are very quick into town and fairly regular..

I don't agree and couldn't care less what the taxi regulator says or doesn't say...this doesn't make it right or good value.
€60 to drive someone from the airport to Rathfarnham is excessive

I personally wouldn't go near a 16a - as it takes for ever to get to the southside.
I would get one of the direct busses into twon - 747 I think and from there get a taxi.

These busses are very quick into town and fairly regular..

Does the 16a not go direct into town on its way to Rathfarnham ?

thanks for all the replies!

looks like I'd be cheaper hiring a car for the weekend at that rate - especially if I was talking of getting a taxi back again on Sunday!

Maybe I'll try & get a sporty number for the weekend eh? may aswell have a bit of fun if I'm going to be stuck in traffic.

cheers.

If you hire a car somebody has to drive it remember! So if you plan on having a few drinks that would be a problem. Plus parking the thing!

The 747 and 748 bus routes now operate from Dublin Airport into town via the Port Tunnel and cost €10 return. A taxi from town out to Marlay would be €30 tops I'd say.

I'm told if you go through the Port Tunnel it takes far more time (and money) off your journey than the cost of the toll... by both taxi drivers, and by a couple of friends who travel to and from the airport regularly. It'll still be a hefty fare, but will cut out the worst of the traffic bottlenecks.

Good thinking...a better option as it'll cost you a similar amount plus you'll have the flexibility of having your own car.
Enjoy your trip!

747 to city centre... LUAS to Balally... taxi (or 48A) to Marlay park. Cheapest option and the transfers aren't too bad

do not get a cab....

Personally i'd take the 'blue bus' all the way to the terminal in Bewleys in Leopardstown, beside the M50. fare around 7euro. Take taxi to marley from there.

Personally i'd take the 'blue bus' all the way to the terminal in Bewleys in Leopardstown, beside the M50. fare around 7euro. Take taxi to marley from there.

Good call...Aircoach

You can get the Aircoach from the airport to Bewleys Hotel in Leopardstown (€7) and then get a taxi from there to Marlay Park (€15). I live in the area and do this all the time. It's fast (thanks to bus lanes), cheap and comfortable.

Edited: Sorry, just saw that somebody already suggested this! Note to self: read the whole thread next time! DOH!