How much do you insure your house contents for?

dodo

I am up for renewal this month,they have put house contents at 49 K,just wondering what others have their house content insured for.Price 419E for the year

There is no unilateral answer to that question, it varies from person to person. You need to go around every room in your home and add up what's in it. Don't forget your personal belongings and your garden shed. As you will appreciate what everyone has in the home varies from house to house.

If you need to make a claim then how does that go? Do I need receipts for everything?

For example - washing machine, fridge, tv, tables, beds. How do I prove how much they cost for an accessor?

Also, do floor boards and carpets need to be included?

If you need to make a claim then how does that go? Do I need receipts for everything?

For example - washing machine, fridge, tv, tables, beds. How do I prove how much they cost for an accessor?

Also, do floor boards and carpets need to be included?

You don't need receipts for fridges, tv etc, the claim will be made on the replacement cost. For example, if like me you bought an LCD tv three years ago you paid too much, to replace it today would cost not nearly as much.

Don't include floor boards, check your own policy for carpets (and curtains), I would normally say yes.

Back