How many times before ...? (the law on used cars is moved in favour of the consumer)

andrew1977

Hi

Just wondering if their any law in consumers favour regarding used cars.
I bought an 04 Primera from a Toyoto garage last October and so far i have had to bring it back for
-New Clutch
-Leaking Oil
-Electric Windows packed in
-Handbrake Problem
-Also went back to them when they installed the new clutch incorrectly.
- Gearstick Jumping out of gear whilst driving in 5th gear

The garage has fixed these problems every time but my confidence in the car is dwindling by the day.
Do i have any comeback in getting some satisfaction from the garage ?
The service manager said to me on Friday "sure we deal in Toyota ,we dont know much about Nissans "
My response was "Well you shouldnt be selling them then "

I wouldn't say so to be honest. From the list above, clutch and handbrake are service items,we would have argued with thoes as there not covered in the warranty.

The garage made a mis-take on the fitting of the clutch so that's not a warranty problem.

Oil leak most cars have them, 3 year old car will defo have one some where. Unless it was flowing out and then you do have a problem.

I only see two problems, the gear stick and the windows and depends what happened them.

But the garage has kept up it's side of the bargin and fixed the stuff, you got a warranty and it's for when things do go wrong you can get them fixed.

If you have lost confidence in the garages abilty to fix your nissan, tell them the next time if it breaks down or something goes wrong your going to bring it to a nissan garage and once you let them know what repair needs to be done before it's carried out they will pay it.

Back