How many forum members...

Pique318

...does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to move it to the Lighting section.

2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

5 people to hotlink to pictures of lightbulbs hosted on geocities.

6 people to complain about dead images.

3 people to tell them to right click the image and copy the URL into another window.

13 to read all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers, images and signatures, and add "I agree".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Very good

My addition:

...and at least 1 to blame it all on the public sector.

Dammit you got there before me!

I'll add.... and two to blame the teachers that the light bulb blew in the first place!

Pique, I like you but you're awful. Can't beat the Donegal sense of humour, said with a straight face.

And if I may ....... how many bankers does it take to change a lightbulb? ...... Two. One to assure the public that everything possible is being done, while the other screws the bulb into the shower-head.

5 to point out that flourescent light bulbs are much cheaper up north

3 to blame the Eurocrats and 3 to blame Gormley for his ridiculous plan

10 to blame solicitors for bringing in the relevant light bulb changing legislation in the first place of whom:

3 go on to seek legal advice on a slip and fall accident consequent on said light bulb changing activity

4 insist that it is indeed solicitors fault even when it is pointed out to them that solicitors do not make or amend legislation and

3 go on to indulge themselves in a rant against a solicitor that someone they knew used who was a very shady character indeed, no detail of the one sided story spared.

1 more person to point out that all/most professionals are engaged in dubious activities including, gasp, profiting from clients.

3 accountants to jump in in defence of that profession.

This particular argument grinds to a halt as the mention of accountancy causes everyone to lose interest.

And sure a Cork man will tell ya it only takes 1 man - just hold the bulb & the world will revolve around ya.

( an enviromentally sound joke - I recycled it from one of my posts months ago)

My Father changed one once, and almost had every electrician in the Public Sector go on strike...

1 lightbulb broker to post that you should always go to a lightbulb broker to save you the time and trouble it takes to shop around finding the cheapest, most suitable lightbulb for your specific lighting needs.

3 people to post that you don't need a lightbulb broker at all and can simply shop around yourself and that lightbulb brokers will only sell you the most expensive bulb.

1 more to post that they got a price from a lightbulb broker and then used it to haggle directly with a lightbulb factory to get a lower price.

and 1 to point out how to change the lightbulb using Google (this memeber may or may not be Clubman)

Anothr to point out that if ClubMan rushes this through it would satisfy the criteria for being a Pririvate Memebers Bbill