How long to switch from Eircom to UTVtalk?

redstar

I switched to utvtalk last June and Eircom still have not moved over the line rental to them.

Can anyone who switched tell me how long Eircom usually take to switch the line over ? I think 7months (and counting) is a bit long ?

I moved over before you and am still paying Eircom line rental directly rather than via UTV.

Any particular reason you care? The cost will remain the same when UTV start billing you directly.

Its no big deal really, just irritated to that Eircom are taking so long to do something simple - and they keep ringing about their new special offers if we switch back etc ...

Sorry, just ranting a bit ...

I was just thinking the exact same thing when I recieved the Eircom bill for line rental last week. Then again, if UTV don't chase this up it's their problem.

Almost 12 months since I switched from Eircom to utv; still paying line rental to eircom; doesn't bother me so I haven't made any enquiries; however I suppose it is an extra chore to pay monthly line rental by Laser via 1901 at no cost..........just time. I guess Eircom are charged by utv for the 1901 free call.

I was on DD and ended up having to call Eircom to shut the account & get a refund cheque (and stop getting their snam off them) months after the switch tookplace (Allegedly on the basis that I had Eircom Chargecards, which I thanfully was lucky enough not to use, but that's another story).

But all of this (how many accounts are open and for how long) is a non-issue as long as you take the time to set up DDs for both telephone accounts (preferably through a CC with moneyback)