How long to get wireless broadband from Digiweb?

redstar

Typically, how long does it take to get wireless BB ?

I signedup with Digiweb a month ago and they said "about 3 weeks". Now that 4 weeks have passed, i asked them for an install date. They replied;

"...due to lack of equipment .... don't know when you can be installed ....they (the installer) will call you ..."

i dunno whether to laugh or cry

they are spending enough on advertising. then again so are smart.

Typically, how long does it take to get wireless BB ?
I signedup with Digiweb a month ago and they said "about 3 weeks". Now that 4 weeks have passed.

Hi Redstar, I signed up for imagine BB and they said 3 weeks, after 3&1/2 weeks I kept emailing them (annoying them) & thay eventually posted me the modem after 4 weeks.

ps-my friend signed up for Digiweb and they took ages, that's why why i got imagine instead, after my friend nicknamed them ''Dodgyweb''....

Unfortunately, as I am in an unimportant rural village, Digiweb are the only BB provider serving the area (apart from expensive satellite BB providers - even then there has to be at least 15-20 people in the area interested in getting the service before they even consider coming out). Luckily, I still have dial-up

I got the modem pretty quickly - about a week - but it never worked correctly - after tons of phone calls and engineers "calibrating" stuff i had to give it back as it was "not covered" in my area despite the fact that they told me it was when i first made contact with them AND paid them. And i don't live in the sticks - i'm in D6 and can't get wireless with them!!

Redstar, I don't understand how u r using dial-up and yet u applied for a wireless connection
If u just apply for DSL (telephone-line) BB from digiweb it should be alot faster
There'd be no hassle with technician having to come out and put the dish up.
I think DSL would always work out cheaper, think it's €19.99 from Digiweb.

Well, Sn@kebite, all you say would be true IF my local exchange was BB enabled. The nice people in Eircom tell me it isn't, and not likely to be anytime soon. Where I live has less than 500 people, and i don't think Eircom are bothered with areas this size. Dialup only requires an ordinary land-line, BB enabled or not.
Digiweb Wireless BB is the only non-sat, non-landline service available around here.

Hi redstar,

Is there much of a community spirit where you live? There are some communities who have gone down the community based wireless broad band route. I think clubman provided a link here a while back.

aj

That sucks for you!, Redstar...lol think u should change you name to: ''Deadstar'' as i think u may b waiting awhile.
It took me 5 weeks to find a DSL BB and eircom were still trying to persuade me to get Eircom BB but i wouldnt have it.
I think you best bet it ''patience'' and ''persistance''.
Good luck Redstar..

Is there much of a community spirit where you live?

Mmm, must ask some of the neighbours if they have BB and with who .... Its a good way to get to know them as I'm only living here a couple of months ...