How long to drive from Holywell Swords to Liffey Valley ?

Lee May

Driving from Holywell at 8am and need to arrive near Liffey Valley at 9am. What is the latest I should leave and still get there by 9 - my gut tells me 7.30 but due to circumstances outside of my control I can't leave til 8.00 and am worried. Does anyone do this or similar journey routinely please and how long does it 'typically' take? Thanks

Thanks Pudds, thats a great site, the time takes 23 minutes, even on Sunday morning at 9am I would be pleased with that but mid week at 8.00 I have grave doubts. I will bring a good CD in case of melt down. Ta

Hi,

I drive across every morning - you will have no problem leaving at 8am.

Don't Panic - you will spend more than half your time getting onto the M50 - as the M1 / M50 junction is still a mess - but the M50 is moving very fast these days (15 min from start of M50 to Liffey Valley)

John

Thanks John,
That is a great comfort. I will leave at 8 sharp so. Glad to hear the worst bit is at the beginning.

Lena

you were right Donabate, journey took 30 mins max door to door at 8am start.
Thanks

Remember that this week is mid-term break for schools, so traffic is lighter than usual. Your trip might take slightly longer next week when the schools are back.

(my journey from Drogheda to Dublin city centre normally takes 1hr 20 - 1 hr 30, took 57 mins this morning!).

Back