How long to complete kitchen tiling job?

HMC

I want to get the area behind the hob tiled and the length of that wall under the cupboards - length 5/6ft, height +/-18" under cupboards and maybe 2.5ft under the extractor fan. A tiler said he would need a day to complete this job which sounds excessive to me (€200/250). Any views on time/cost from those who've had a similar job done?

It should only take a about 2-3 hours......but price doesn't appear too mad.,.

try brian buckley on 086-0780304. he's from blarney but travels all over

got him to tile my house, and put down the wood flooring. tiled hall, kitchen floor, w/c, main bathroom, ensuite, and the walls of the main bathroom and ensuite for €1,000.... 2oo for putting the wood flooring down in sitting room

Where did you get 2 to 3 hours from Jhegarty??? Thats totally crazy. Its obvious you do not know what you are talking about. Most backsplashes like this are about 5 yards.This takes one days work and depending how difficult it is may also take a couple of hours the second day. The price quoted 200/250 is what should be charged.Just because its a small area does not mean it will be a fast job as most of these backsplashes use a 4 inch tile.

Just working it out from what mine took.... just over 3 hours to do (8 feet x 20inches) and the tiles haven't fallen off after two years....also on 4 inch tiles....

personally i think the longer the better... guys tiled my floor other day and had it done way to quick for my liking - and yes it was a botch job!!! so let him spend the day doing it - hoprfully he'll do it right.

Even if the job doesn't take a day to do, the tiler will have to travel to/from the job and may not therefore be able to pull in another job that day. He will in those circumstances charge for the day; it's up to you to accept or reject the price.
Have you had any other quotes?

You won't get much cheaper than €200/250 for any tiling job. In fact any price lower than that would make me wonder if I was dealing with a complete amateur.