How long should it take a dishwasher to run?

OhPinchy

We had problems with our dishwasher just after it was serviced a couple of months back - it was tripping the switch for all sockets on the fuseboard towards the end of the cycle. Due to other issues that came up we didn't get to look at it until recently so in the interim just didn't use it. It's a Powerpoint integrated disher.

I figured the waste pipe may have been kinked when the service man slid it back in. I have taken it out and made sure there's room at the back for the waste pipe (which runs into the waste outlet directly under the kitchen sink) and it works, though I'm not sure all is well.

It's taking a very long time to run - 90 minutes on Economy cycle and it seems that there is a long delay between the washing finishing and the water being drained. There's a lot of heat at the top though I'm not sure if this is the same as it was before. So I'm thinking it is still having issues with draining.

How long would a normal economy cycle on the usual disher roughly run for? Any things I should look at that may be affecting drainage before having to call in a service man? Naturally, we are only running it when we are around to supervise it at the moment.

An economy cycle on mine takes about 40 minutes. We've also had an issue with the unit not draining, but this didn't change the cycle time. I'm not an expert, but it seems that there's something wrong with the electronics.

The cycle times are usually documented in the manual, but if you don't have that you could probably get a copy by searching on the manufacturers website or Google for "Powerpoint dishwasher manual"

Back