How long for Revenue to revert with a VRT price?

doogo

Hi there,
went to register car with VRT office last Friday - they couldn't do it there and then coz it's a BMW and has to be referred to Rosslare for check on extras

my question - how bloody long should it take for the Revenue to get back with a fully loaded quote for VRT - i don't want to pay the cash but i want to get the english reg plates off my car ....! anyone got any experiences of this with their imports?

as an aside - little black hole in the ROS VRT staging calculator - doesn't have the correct CO2 emissions for a 318i ES pre 2008 - only one they have is 999 g/km and i've no intention of paying 36% VRT thanks but no thanks (on this point they were good though - they did override the system to allow for the correct CO2 calculation to be estimated - subject to confirmation and the bloody extras) - makes you wonder about how well thought through the whole thing is ...

Hello,

I was in the same situation last month, I imported a Mini Cooper and the documents had to go to Rosslare to be checked out for extras however it only took 5 days for them to do this.

Hopefully you'll hear soon.

Thanks Cooper7 - fingers crossed, still waiting.... and my covering letter issued by Tallaght VRT office runs out today .... time to make a call methinks ...

Hi,
What happened about the whole extras thing and did they charge you? I am looking at importing an Audi A6 and there are quite a few extras? How much am I looking at here?

Appreciate benefit of your experience.

Slightly off topic, but I appealed the amount set by VRT last November, appeal is done through Rosslare, and finally got a reply last week. Happily successful, got it reduced by 30%, so worth doing if you are not happy with the price quoted. Best cheque I ever lodged!

Back