How long for mortgage drawdown from Haven?

Miracle Girl

Has anyone any experience of the length of time it takes for Haven to issue Mortgage cheque once it has been requested by Solicitor?
Inital request sent in last Thursday. Issue with direct debit mandate which got fixed on Friday. It is now wednesday and I am going demented with the waiting!! Vendors moved out last week so all good to go once cheque gets issued, we can complete and pick up the keys.

Solicitor has assured me we will complete same day as cheque is issued. Broker told me yesterday it will take 2-3 days.....

Anyone know how long it takes?..... the waiting is interminable!!! I dont want to be annoying broker or solicitor but should I be chasing them daily?

Thanks all

I cant remember how log it too me 2.5 years ago, but there was no delay, so I'm guessing it happened pretty quickly!

Has anyone any experience of the length of time it takes for Haven to issue Mortgage cheque once it has been requested by Solicitor?
Inital request sent in last Thursday. Issue with direct debit mandate which got fixed on Friday. It is now wednesday and I am going demented with the waiting!! Vendors moved out last week so all good to go once cheque gets issued, we can complete and pick up the keys.

Solicitor has assured me we will complete same day as cheque is issued. Broker told me yesterday it will take 2-3 days.....

Anyone know how long it takes?..... the waiting is interminable!!! I dont want to be annoying broker or solicitor but should I be chasing them daily?

Thanks all

Hi can I ask how long it tuck in the end?? Our solicitor just send in today to draw down ch from Haven and I suppose we are wondering if it will be all sorted by Friday week (wishful thinking I know) but so hopeful!

LeeAnn

We're processing with Haven at the moment but can't comment on the draw-down duration as we're not there yet.

I do have a related Haven question however...Haven are part of AIB as I understand it & they work via intermediaries so in my mind they're not mainstream mortgage providers as such, more on the fringes. As we get closer to signing I am beginning to wonder if there are some complexities to be considered with taking out a mortgage with Haven vs. taking out a mortgage with AIB or UB or BOI for example?

I'm thinking along the lines of being locked in with them even if we select variable rate mortgage. I'm coming from a place of non specific worry here so any light that you all can shed on any complexities with Haven or their similarities to how the other mortgage providers operate is appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for thoughts or advice...

Back