How long before balance transfer goes through?

bigbadostric

Hi all,

Received my bank of ireland clear card yesterday having switched over from my BOI student card to get a lower rate. I rang 365 there to ensure it shows up on online banking, but it appears that my balance has not been transferred from my old card. When I asked how long this would take the answer seemed to be "a while." Does anyone have any idea how long this process would usually take?

Thanks in advance.

I transferred from one type of BoI Mastercard to another earlier this year, and the transfer was same day. I did have to register the new card on my 365 Online profile to be able to see transaction & statement details. I also lost access to the old card details which I hadn't thought through :eek:.

Have you done this ?

Yes I have registered the new account on 365 so I can see it and it has a credit limit of 1200 with a balance of 0. The old card had 820 on it however, and I had requested this to be transfered.

I'll give them a few days to sort it out then I'll get onto them.

I applied for this "Clear" card about 3 weeks ago and I have to say, their processing of the application has been far from clear!!!...Was looking to get another CC provider a/c balance cleared along with co-opting my BOI mastercard a/c into this new one...got a pin No. by post a week ago but, no card arrived. I had applied for a 2nd cardholder on the account so, was expecting another pin No. but it never arrived. Called their 1850 No. yesterday to enquire about the status of the application and they told me that the other cc providers balance was paid on the 5th and that the card/s should arrive shortly. Came home yesterday from work to find that another 2 pin No.'s arrived... one for me and one for herself. Came home this evening to find that another application acceptance letter arrived by post today... Looks like more than their shares and finances are all over the place.. so is their paperwork... Just hope they screw up on the balance transfer onto the new card... decimal point in the wrong place in my favour would round things off nicely!

Back