How long at airport before flight.

Molli

Baggage checked in online and boarding passes printed so how long do you need to be there before a flight from here to UK?

I always allow 1 1/2 hours.

Security is the big unpredictable. If it is busy it can take 30 minutes or more, and then you have the long walk to Ballymun if it's a Ryanair flight

I always allow 1 1/2 hours.

Security is the big unpredictable. If it is busy it can take 30 minutes or more, and then you have the long walk to Ballymun if it's a Ryanair flight

+1

I always leave 1.5 hours because you can't predict security. I have left it only 1 hour in the past, but that's way too tight.

Baggage checked in online and boarding passes printed so how long do you need to be there before a flight from here to UK?

depends;
where you flying from, what terminal, what time of the day, what day of the week?

Is that Aer Lingus? Might have helped if you'd mentioned Cork in the first place, I'm sure most posters presumed Dublin.

Check how many other flights are leaving at that time, I'd have thought Cork would be safe to leave an hour max.

Is that Aer Lingus? Might have helped if you'd mentioned Cork in the first place, I'm sure most posters presumed Dublin.

Check how many other flights are leaving at that time, I'd have thought Cork would be safe to leave an hour max.

Sorry. I presumed Dublin.

Yes its Aer Lingus. Thats ok Spear you can't be a mind reader! Thanks all for your replies. Dereko life goes on outside Dublin and your country cousins sometimes use other airports!

Agreed 1hr max (at that hour of the evening in Dublin too 1hr would be plenty in my book ).. bad security queues tend to be in the morning in my experience , and also by evening time it's less likely your flight would be on time as knock on delays tend do accumulate (hopefully won't be late .. but it most likely won't be early either unlike early morning flights when it's the first departure of the day for the aircraft and they'll be boarding 1/2 an hour or more before departure time )

Also Saturday nights during the winter aren't a busy time normally

Yes its Aer Lingus. Thats ok Spear you can't be a mind reader! Thanks all for your replies. Dereko life goes on outside Dublin and your country cousins sometimes use other airports!

I am well aware of that, I'm not the person who put in a stupid query as if it was applicable to all airports.

Apologies dereko for not getting it right. I meant the last comment I made to be taken lightly. I 'll remember to get the wording right in future as I would'nt want you wasting precious time answering stupid queries.

Dublin to jfk

Hope someone can help...

my mum flying from dublin to JFK on 19th December. Flight dept at 3.45pm, does anyone know if you can get through immigration in Dublin??? Website says flights before 4pm have immigration in Dublin but some threads suggest that afternoon flights immigration are done in USA...any help would be appreciated..

Thanks