how is this for ryanair service

rheinie

A friend of mine booked 2 return tickets from cardiff to dublin with ryanair 4 weeks ago ,can you imagine his surprise when they arrived in cardiff airport on friday morning to be told that ryanair have cancelled all flights from cardiff since the previous monday.Only sattisfaction he got was quote ( you should have checked with them 2 hours befor flight time to make sure the flight was ok) even if he had checked the last flight had left on monday. Nice one from ryanair

Not for me to defend Ryanair but the conditions state something like - you should confirm flights 24 hours prior to flight. Also, it was fairly well broadcast that they were stopping the Dublin/Cardiff route on May 1st due to landing charges.

I would assume that anyone who had a flight booked with them would have had some contact offering an alternative route.

It would be worth checking the terms & conditions. I know that Aer Lingus specifically have a bit on one of their confirmation pages which says passangers are not required to check back with the airline.

I know someone who flew from Cardiff on Saturday AM. I'm not sure whether FR contacted her, or whether she had already heard, but either way she was refunded by FR and booked herself onto an Aer Arran flight instead.

Aer Arran have taken up the route, but I think the aircraft are smaller, so the capacity on the route won't be the same.

z