How I saved over 250 Euro. on Ryanair booking.

battyee

Booked a few weeks ago for 4 adults to Carcassonne & return. A few days ago Ryanair sent me an e mail saying that the return leg had been advanced by a few hours. The e mail asked me to confirm receipt of revised schedule but stated that under airline authority regs. I was entitled to a refund if I wished to cancel booking. I cancelled & got refund but decided to rebook only to find that the prices for both legs had now come down to 4.99 Euro. I just wonder how many others have booked & just agreed to the time change or maybe Ryanair will advise them of the money saving option which might compensate them for the inconvenience.

I just wonder how many others have booked & just agreed to the time change or maybe Ryanair will advise them of the money saving option which might compensate them for the inconvenience.

Could you please explain?

or maybe Ryanair will advise them of the money saving option which might compensate them for the inconvenience.
I thought that they did advise customers that they could get a refund:
The e mail asked me to confirm receipt of revised schedule but stated that under airline authority regs. I was entitled to a refund if I wished to cancel booking.
I don't see why they should also say "and you could always cancel and then rebook" as well if that's what you're suggesting.

The point I am making is that I got my refund but afterwards discovered that Ryanair had cut the price. I decided to rebook & discovered that I could now save over 250 Euro on the previous price i paid but the majority of passengers would have accepted the reschedule & paid the original price.I was being sarcastic in suggesting that Ryanair might have advised people that they had cut the price so much when they brought forward the departure time.

Wouldnt this be a gamble - it is possible that on re-booking the flight might be more expensive ??

Hardly a gamble as you can check currently available prices by having a look at the website before deciding to cancel.

Hi Kilteragh , You are right, that is what I did although if we had a choice we would have willingly paid the extra 250 Euro rather than have a flight time that was hugely inconvenient for us.

No risk involved. Before you accept the refund check to see if alternative flights are cheaper if they are book them then get your ryanair refund.

Back