How Good Are An Post?

maison

Just wondering if anyone had any positive ending to anything like this.
I sent off a questionnaire to a student who is doing research only I forgot to put the house number on the envelope. I know I have the rest of the address right and the place she lives is a fairly small town. What do you think the chances are that it got there.
I have no other contact details for the girl.

Ring the sorting office that has responsibility for the post box that you used.

Many years ago, I posted off my car tax but forgot to put the address on the envelope. I realised my mistake just as I let the letter drop out of my hand. I rang the sorting office and explained what happened, the guy took my contact number and rang me when the letter surfaced. I had to call round to the office and he opened the letter in front of me - saw my details inside and allowed me address the letter and off it went.

If had thought of it in time I would have done. I posted this last Thursday and was addressing another envelope this morning in work when it dawned on me.

Depends on the delivering postperson. If he/she is familiar with the area he/she should know the number and will deliver. This usually happens. However if it is a big estate and the postperson is not familiar it may not be delivered. Contact the Mails Manager of the Delivering Office and explain. When the letter arrives he/she can look out for it and insert correct number. If all fails the letter should be returned to you eventually provided your name and address are enclosed.