How far in advance of holiday should I apply for a loan?

Yellow_flower

I have family living a abroad in Australia. I'm due to travel to Ausralia at the end of May for a holiday to visit family.

These holiday plans were in the making from last summer (of 2014). I'm on a low pay but I managed to save 1500 euro in my currant account since last October. 1000 euro of that is now gone on a return ticket for flights. I hope to have another 400 to 500 euro saved from now to the end of April to add to the 500 but this fund will be set aside for some clothes that I need for the holiday.

I will need some spending money for Australia of 1400 or 1500 euro. I hope to apply to the bank for a loan to cover the spending money that I need. How far in advance of the end of May should I apply for a loan. Would it be a good idea to apply for a loan before I withdraw a few hundred for clothes shopping.

Also this is a family holiday so there's a few of us going. My mother will be travelling. She doesn't own a bank account. She doesn't feel comfortable carrying 1400 cash so she hopes to give me her cash to lodge into my account and live of my account in Australia. Would it be a good idea to lodge this money into my account before I apply for a loan. Just to give the appearance that I have more money.

I would be inclined to approach your bank right away so as to be certain there will not be any issues later on. You dont have to draw down the loan and incur interest until you need it. There are probably many other matters you will have to deal with like travel requirements , travel insurance etc so at least you can have the cash aspect sorted out.