How far does your petrol go?

Parker

Hello ,

I posted this earlier but I posted a reply and it dissapeared ?

My query was Im only getting 200-250 mpg out of a full tank in my mitsubishi lancer 1.3 but during a conversation my neighbour is getting 350+ out of his 1.6 toyota avensis

Im just interested to know in what other posters drive and how many miles there covering on a full tank ? Ive been interested in looking at a diesel toyota aygo just for the commute to work that does 600 + miles to a full tank.....

I drive 1.3 lancer.........250mpg to a full tank.....40 quid

Re: How far does your petrol go.............

If you are getting 250 Miles Per Gallon I'd say you are doing fantastically well! If on teh other hand you are only gettting 250 miles per tank that is a different matter!

It depends on the age of the car and level of service as to the quality you'll get from a car

yes , sorry....im getting 200-250 miles per full tank!!!!...

I get 550miles to 600miles for long distance easy driving out of a 60Litre Tank full in my BMW 320d touring. Thats 42 to 45mpg from a 2 litre diesel estate.

Hi McBig,

My friend has a 02 bmw 320d with the Mpack and its one of the nicest cars ive driven but he trashes it and drives like the devil and he gets 45 to the gallon....good car

Im not sure about the size of my tank but it must be smaller than average....I presume its probably only a 40 litre tank thereabouts if its takes 40 to fill.......

yeah, i did think that 45mpg was average for my car, i thought its more like 47-50mpg, maybe its heavier on diesel because its an estate ,anyway 45 is not bad for a 150bhp diesel!

you have to post your tank size before you can make any comparisons

[broken link removed]

Above link gives handy hints on how to make your fuel go further - mainly common sense though......

Hi, I have a 06 Toyota Corolla 1.6 Diesel. I get approx 900km to a tank which is approx €45. Delighted with it.

I have a passat 130bhp tdi 6 speed.

60 liter tank, about 64 quid to fill

more often than not I get over 600 miles to a tank.

Could be better if I didn't drive hard.

Diesel is def the way to go.

Frank said:
I have a passat 130bhp tdi 6 speed.

60 liter tank, about 64 quid to fill

more often than not I get over 600 miles to a tank.

Could be better if I didn't drive hard.

Diesel is def the way to go.

I'd be averaging the same as above in a Galaxy 1.9 TDi

Tank size is not needed if you estimate €40 to fill = 40L tank. Comparison with the avensis is unhelpful though as it probably has a different tank size.

250/(40/4.5) = 28.12 Mpg which is appaling for a 1.3L. I get 32 Mpg in heavy town driving i.e. 1st and 2nd gear in traffic driving a 1.6 L Vectra hatchback (with a/c on) which is a heavy car relatively. I suggest you get it serviced and have the plugs and filters changed, this should be part of a 'full' service. If this doesn't make a difference sell it.....

Fiat Coupe 20 valve turbo 220 bhp......60 litre tank and only 230 miles to empty it..........mind you I am on to my third engine and the car has only done 30,000 miles, so I guess my style of driving may have some influence on the fuel consumption (equates to 17 miles/gallon).

sorry ......E270CDI 60 to fill and get over 400 miles
previously had a honda prelude which could hardly get 250-300 so notice a big difference!

Oh and just as a comparison…....23,000 litre tank - Airbus 321. Typical Dublin to London flight we use approximately 4,500 litres of fuel to cover approx 300 statute miles (including a bit of holding). That works out to be the equivalent of emptying a 60 litre tank in 4 miles (thats .3 mile/gallon)

Parker said:
Hello

I drive 1.3 lancer.........250 to a full tank.....40 quid
250 mile for €40 and petrol at approx 115c per ltr thats 34.7 ltr's divided by 4.546 = 7.6 gallons, 250 divided 7.6 = 32.Miles per gallon, and a lot of cars only do 32 or 33 miles per gallon.

Thanks for the comparisons ,

Theres a service due soon so maybe new plugs filters and probably new fuel filter wouldnt do any harm , but a car my age and mileage (98/80miles) the valve/tappet clearances probably need adjusting etc so maybe its just wear and tear thats eating the petrol........

Volvo 850 1996 10V Auto

18 MPG
15 G tank

270 Miles per tank (In economy mode!)

00 Ford Fiesta, 35 litre tank, 300+ miles per tank

at 117/litre, €40 gave me just over 300 miles in a 1.6L petrol 98 Megane Classic

Back