How early to check in for 9am flight from SNN-NYC?

Protocol

I am taking a Continental flight at 9am from Shannon to Newark.

I can't find any info on the times of check-in opening, etc, either on the Shannon airport website or the Continental website.

I am assuming that check-in would open at 6am?

Would arriving at check-in at, say, 6:30am, be ok for check-in, immigration checks, security, etc?

About 3 hours would be right. If its like Dublin you need to be going trough US immergration 2 hours before departure.

If you already have a seat assignment I would check in at 7.00am - Checking in 2 hours prior to flight deparure at Shannon gives you plenty of time to get through security and immigration.

I am taking a Continental flight at 9am from Shannon to Newark.

I can't find any info on the times of check-in opening, etc, either on the Shannon airport website or the Continental website.

I am assuming that check-in would open at 6am?

Would arriving at check-in at, say, 6:30am, be ok for check-in, immigration checks, security, etc?

Stick to the 3 hour rule, better safe than sorry.

Thanks everybody.

Instead of leaving Mayo at 4am to check-in at 6-7am, we're staying in Shannon at the Court hotel, so not too bad.

If you have a seat assignment already or can check in online, choose your seat and print your own boarding card then I'd say you'd be mad to turn up 3 hrs before your flight (especially when that means being there at 6am) ...

I'm not a regular at Shannon, but I don't imagine the security queues are too bad at all, and there's not that much to do for 2hrs and 58mins after you get through security :) - I'd arrive 2 hours before max, personally I'd probably do 90 minutes - but each to their own :p

Edited to add - You can't yet checkin online for Continental flights departing from DUB or SNN (Wonder why - you can check in for anwhere apart from Ireland, Switzerland and the Cayman Islands on Continental.com !) ... which is a bit of a pain - but still I wouldn't turn up 3hrs before (especially if you've got your seats already assigned - if you haven't done this already you should call Continental and ask for this)

Back