How does NTL cable broadband work exactly

Rocky4

Hi
Can someone explain to me how NTL's broaband works, I understand it comes through the cable tv line, Does this mean that I connect my laptop in a router that they give me ? And will it only work in one room as I have three ntl boxes in my house
Thanks in advance

They come out and install a broadband point wherever in your house you want it e.g in the boxroom upstairs. They give u a modem and u attach your pc to it and thats it.

You can setup wireless yourself, I don't think they install extra broadband "points"

NTL set up wireless for me, they attached a modem and wireless router in my living room and gave me a wireless usb adaptor for my laptop. You have to ask though, they don't offer wireless.

The hardwired option works from any of the TV points (at least here it does).

Assuming you can get TV from the other points then broadband should be OK.

we got it installed recently. yes it comes through the cable line.
We had 3 NTL points in the house but they can only install the broadband at one point. They give you a modem and wired router. I asked him for a wireless one but they didn't have that, so shortly after bought a wireless router for about 80 euro.
on another 'kinda' related issue. I got a good deal from NTL, first 3 months broadband are free. So can i cancel after 3 months and then my housemate sets up a new NTL account in his name, and we start again with the free broadband? Has anyone done this? It sounds too easy....

got a good deal from NTL, first 3 months broadband are free. So can i cancel after 3 months and then my housemate sets up a new NTL account in his name, and we start again with the free broadband? Has anyone done this? It sounds too easy....

No 12 month contract?

yep, 12 mnth contract. They will try and charge you the rest if you cancel beforehand unless you tell them youre moving to a new house and youre going to get NTL there (real case). How many times are you going to get away with that though? For 20e a month?

Back