How do you scrap a car

Froggie

I have 3 old cars lying idle on my property. What is the most cost effective way of getting rid of them.

Ypur local authority usually have a scheme that charges per cra to remove and diapose. Perhaps alternatively you could dump them on the M50, nobody would notice them, as nothing moves there anyway:D

Where are you located? From start of next month all organisations that import more than 10 vehicles per year will be required to provide for the free end of life depollution of all their vehicles that are whole. If the vehicle presented is not whole ie is missing some valuable parts OR contains waste OR has to be collected offsite then there may be a charge

http://www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPol.nsf/0/c8f71c4e05251d8280256f0f003bc802/$FILE/ELV%20Directive%20.pdf

I don't know where in Ireland you are but, why not give a local slavage agent a buzz - he'll maybe remove the vehicles and give you a few euro especially if the vehicles can be broken for spares. I've got some numbers in and around Waterford, Wexford and Kilkenny if thats any use to you.

you heard of the scrapage deal from grarage? some of them offer as much as 3k for a trade in. you will get nothing to get rid of it, even have to pay those people to take it away

In Dublin you used to be able to bring scrap cars down to the Hammond Recycling place on Pigeonhouse Road on the way down to the Pigeonhouse ESB power station. I can't remember if they charged or paid a small fee for this. And I'm not sure if the service is still available.

..I wouldnt pay to get them removed- metal is at a premium with all going to China ...so phone around - Dont know where you'r located but phone 087 6852847 - its a Meath ad looking for Scrap, cars, farm machinery etc.
3 on one collection might be worth a trip

Thanks for the replies, I live in meath so I will call that number now, thanks amcs.

Back