How do you put music on MP3 Player?

oddjob

Hi,

Can anyone help me out? Ive bought a WharfeDale MP3 player which is DRM9 compatable and havent a clue how to download music to it.

Thanks

One way is to connect it to a computer and use software to read a music CD and copy it over a cable into the player.

Some can use the existing Windows Media Player software instead of any from the manufacturer. You may need software (from the MP3 player manufacturer) to allow the PC to recognise the player once it's been connected.

So this begs the question, did you get a CD with software, a cable and some instructions with the player?

If not, that's very unusual.

Hi Technologist

Yes I got a software cd and a usb cable. Ive installed the cd but dont think it did so correctly as icon did not appear anywhere on the screen. Say if cd is installed correctly, do I download songs from websites. Its the 'DRM9' Im not too sure about

Thanks

One way is to download from websites, but there's a bewildering array of DRM systems and compatibility issues with various software and hardware products. Some DRM protected music is very limited in how many players you can use it on or even how long it works. Many people prefer to avoid DRM completelly. Then, some sites don't sell to some countries. Most people, I guess, are: 1: Putting their own CDs on the the player. 2: Copying MP3s from their friends computers. 3: Using illegal download sites. I don't do '3' and if you do try it, be careful. Some sites are dangerous. Have you been able to copy a CD of your own onto the player?