How do you object to planning permission ?

E

efm1

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a little help if possible.

I may want to make an objection to a request for planning permission in the next week or so, but have no experience in doing this (friends and family are no help either!).

How does one object to planning - I presume it is in writing to the relevant planning office but is there a standard form of words, how much information needs to be given, how detailed etc ?

Also, on what grounds can you object to planning permission ? - I think blocking of light is grounds for objection, while blocking a view isn't, but that's the extent of my knowledge on these things.

Anyone any advice or guidance ?

OK - I've just done the first part myself and got the high level info from (the font of all Irish knowledge).

However, the documentation I got talks about "adherence to established planning and development practices" - how do I find out what these are ?

efm

Planning Objections

You will find all the Planning Regulations on http://www.environ.ie (www.environ.ie)

Also you local area action plan - if there is one on your local authority website.

Just write clearly & concisely. There is no need to waffle. Explain exactly why you don't want it to go ahead and how it would affect you and your property if it did.

Trawl through www.pleanala.ie & you will see the types of reasons for other people's objections.

HTH

Mo

Back