How do you listen to a Podcast?

Slash

If you download a podcast from rte.ie, for example, what is the next step? How do you get the podcast on to your iPod to listen to it?

Many thanks.

The same way you add any MP3 file to your iPOD.

In iTunes .. File menu > Add file to library ..

Thanks, Tarfhead.

I tried that, selected the file, which I had saved to the Desktop, and clicked OK, but nothing seemed to happen. The file certainly didn't end up in the iTunes library as I had expected it to.

I tried it with a podcast I had downloaded from the BBC and that worked OK, although without video, as the file is supposed to be a Video Podcast, but at least i got the audio which was more than I got with the rte file. Is there some issue with licencing or something?

(As you may guess, I only got an IPod recently, so this is new to me.)

No - forget the fact it is a podcast.

It's a file with the extension .MP3 so iTunes will handle it.

No - forget the fact it is a podcast.

It's a file with the extension .MP3 so iTunes will handle it.

If you are using iTunes with an iPod, you are better off accessing to the podcast via the Podcast Director in iTunes. This will give you the option to just download the latest version, or subscribe to updates. And, of course, the podcasts will automatically be copied to your iPod when you next sync.

Useful Apple Tutorial here.

Apparently a large majority of people listen to podcasts on their computer, either because they don't have an mp3 player or have difficulty getting the podcasts on their, so don't worry, Slash, you're not alone!

[I heard this on the "Inside Mac Radio" podcast]